A book of music notation not for rote learning, but for exploring and comparing how composers have used the 3/4 time signature (3 beats per measure). The book contains snippets of notation from each song, a few measures at a time, on transparent sheets. These sheets can be overlayed to compare the notes and rhythms. Different types of notation are used, including conventional notation, guitar tabs, and waveform.
The songs included in the book were chosen to represent a wide variety of music.
- Golden Brown by The Stranglers
- Manic Depression by Jimi Hendrix
- Blue Danube Waltz by Johann Strauss the Younger
- Home Sweet Home by The Breaux Freres
- My Favorite Things by John Coltrane
- Breaking The Girl by Red Hot Chili Peppers